Rain throughout the day today has caused the Willapa River to rise sharply this afternoon and an additional two to three inches of rain is expected this evening. The Willapa River is now forecast to crest at 23’ Tuesday morning.
Tidal overflow is expected to occur along low lying portions of the southwest Washington through Tuesday. The greatest possibility of tidal overflow will be in and around the City of Raymond during high tide around 1:00 p.m. Tuesday.
The NWS has issued:
- A high wind warning in effect until 10:00 a.m. Tuesday for southwest Washington
- A high surf advisory in effect until 10:00 a.m. Tuesday for the south Washington coast
- A coastal flood advisory in effect until noon Tuesday for low lying portions of southwest Washington
- A flood warning in effect through Tuesday afternoon for the Willapa River
- A flood watch in effect through Tuesday evening for the Naselle River
Residents are cautioned to watch for water over roadways and to refrain from driving through flood waters. At 22’ flood waters from the Willapa River will be widespread with numerous road closures.
For the most up to date weather information from the NWS please visit http://www.weather.gov/portland. This page brings up all advisories, watches, and warnings for the southwest Washington area.
# # #